keskiviikko 11. maaliskuuta 2009

USB controlled remote control

Final part needed is how PC can open Abloy electric lock. Abloy sells separate unit for this but it costs a lot. In my case my home control PC authenticates Yubikeys and knows "better" (than Abloy unit) if doors should be opened. In a same time it can control Burglar alarm system, lighting etc. So what I needed was a way to attach Abloy remote control to my backend PC. And that's exactly what I did!
I selected Audon Electronics UDIN-8R as interface between PC and Abloy. It is USB-driven relay unit. It supports both Windows and Linux and can be controlled simply via virtual comport.

1: Abloy remote control uses 3V battery
2: These two devices needs to be fitted together...
3: There is 4 buttons in Abloy-remote - they are now wired from 4 relays
(1 common, 4 outputs)
4: 3-volts is regulated from USB 5-volts and fed into Abloy-remote.
All 4 buttons are wired into relays.
5: UDIN 8-relay USB-device has now it's own Abloy remote. Notice hole for the led

3 kommenttia:

  1. The use of automation system has made the manufacturing industry more efficient as lesser work force is required in the business.

    VastaaPoista
  2. I Googled "yubikey door lock", expecting that I was the first to think of this idea: guess not! Very interested to see how your project plays out!

    VastaaPoista